Saturday, August 23, 2008

new

I've been really busy and tired, so I hardly have time to write. Summer is almost done. But I'm glad I didn't waste it. Countless chillages with my favorite people, good food provided by my mom, and meeting new people were some of the things that happened. I set goals, and I got them done, so I'm happy about that. I have also spent too much time thinking about a particular someone, and not doing anything about the way I feel. But there are things that you have to wait for, even if you don't want to. Since last weekend, I've been trying to live a new life. It's been difficult because I keep falling back into my old patterns. My old mindset. I realized if I want to be the person God wants me to be, it's going to take time. I was almost expecting this change to be instant. But like Fr. Leo said, I'm going to have to cut off parts of my life and parts of myself that are making me sin. I have to learn true patience. This isn't going to be easy. I realize how hard it is everyday to control my temper, be nice to my parents and not gossip or lie. God has given me everything, and he deserves nothing less than my life. This quote was the theme for last week's conference:

"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for other believers in your speech, behavior, love, faithfulness and purity."
- 1 Timothy 4:12

It's inspired me. I want to set an example, and be a truly beautiful soul. I don't want to live a meaningless, self-absorbed, materialistic life anymore. I want this quote to echo my existence. It's a lot to ask for, but I'm up to it.

No comments: