
"it's a man's world."
I can't even count how many times I've heard this phrase. It's everywhere - on TV and movies, in the books I read and mostly from people I have told about my career choice. "I want to be an architect," I tell my friends and family. I've had both positive and negative feedback. I think I'd be good at this job, it involves math, science and design. But of course, my parents wonder whether it is a stable job for a girl, and there is no guarantee of being a success. I've been told to be a nurse, or an accountant. Of course, they are both typical and stable jobs. I'd be making decent money and never run out of a job. I've really been debating whether I should take the safe path. But I just can't convince myself that that is what I want. Because it isn't even close to what I want to be. I don't want to take the easy road, and spend the rest of my life wondering what it would be like if I just chose architecture. It might be extremely difficult, but I'm down in a heartbeat. Maybe I haven't had enough experience, but I know that if I'm going to do something for the rest of my life, it might as well be something that I truly love to do.
I truly love art, buildings, and all that jazz.
So ladies and gents, I began this entry with one phrase, and I'm ending it with another that makes so much more sense to me:
The Sky is the limit
and the Chicago skyline is bomb.
1 comment:
YOU CAN DOOO EEEEEET STEPH!
lmao, the word verification for this was "quitga" , dont be a quitga
Post a Comment