I'm warning you now: this entry has absolutely no order to it, and you may get confused. Please bear with me.
I had an awesome weekend. It consisted of shopping all over downtown Toronto with Ana & Chey and the Stars concert. They're so good live, sounds exactly like the CD. Anyways, we went to the World's Biggest Book Store, Eatons, and Queens Street and I bought some cool stuff. The people in the little shops on Queens St. are seriously so chill. They talk to everyone like they're already friends with them. It's pretty cool. I love how everyone dresses there too. I think I want to be a little hipster kid now. Naturally, there were lots of laughs since I was with Chey & Ana. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as relieved as Ana was. You see, she thought that her new beloved vintage purse smelled bad, but it turned out just to be the plastic bag holding it. There were a lot of funny people in the concert too, yelling out random things, which made the whole thing interesting.
I know I've said I love the city, but I realized yesterday that there some things I really don't like. One thing I don't like is the smell. It permanently smells of smoke, and I just really missed trees and fresh air the whole day. The other thing I don't like is how crowded it is. Especially in Eatons Center. This leads to another train of thought. Christmas shopping can be a really crazy experience, and not in a good sense. In Toronto, I saw packed malls and a whole whirlwind of shopping bags and people in a rush. Me included. Then I saw homeless people on the street. And as cheesy as this sounds, it seems like Christmas is stuck in a shopping bag rather than in the hearts of people.
This whole weekend, I thought about a lot of things. Like how I work too much. I realized that I haven't seen my cousin in so long, and she lives right there. When it comes down to it, I just want to spend more time with my family. I miss them even though they're right there. I miss having nothing to do afterschool and watching movies with my brother. I just want to cherish the time I have with them. I'm gonna go to university in 1-2 years. As exciting as it is, I won't get to see my family and I'll probably be homesick. All I want is time with them. I can be really materialistic sometimes, but I'm glad that I don't want anything this Christmas. Maybe I can begin to spend the holiday thinking about others, instead of just myself.
I'm actually quite content with myself. Usually, I always find little things to pick at. I embrace the things that used to bug me about my appearance.
I will be writing Christmas cards to all my dear friends soon, and my goal is to get at least one of my guy friends to cry. Pamela always crys when she reads my letters/cards, and that's why she's my bestfriend.
FIVE MORE DAYS LEFT OF SCHOOL. The day I step out of those doors, an ocean of relief and happiness will wash over me. (yes i know, cheesy)
one last thing: Thank you Ana (and Chey) for the sweater!! I almost love it as much as I love you guys. Yesterday was perfect, and we will do that again.
This is a truly epic blog.
Love,
sb
p.s. if you see me wearing a patent black jacket and green scarf anytime, I'm still the same old me, just looking a little more badass, haha 8)
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WAY TO PUT ME IN BRACKETS! :(
im paying her PRONTO!
leave me be, i washed away a good 200 dollars this weekend.
& I LOVE YOU! :)
i'll cry. :)
Post a Comment