Friday, March 13, 2009

Cleaning out my closet

I just finished FaithFast today. It was pretty fun overall. However, I enjoyed yesterday more than today because I had way more energy. I feel completely drained / exhausted right now. It's a good time for March Break. I don't really feel like going into much detail about Faithfast, but I'll just say that the games and activities were fun. Sleeping on the gym floor with 50 teenage girls was not so fun. But I did survive the whole 24 hours without any food, and spent quality time with Jestine and Aira.

Due to some recent reading, I've been inspired yet again. I was just reading an interview with Samantha Alonso, who is one of the owners of this amazing store called FRUITION in Las Vegas. She's still young, but she's accomplished so much. I mean, we're always encouraged to choose careers that make a lot of money, and often it can be a career we would never want to do. This girl is really driven. Samantha Alonso had the creativity and the vision for a great concept store, and that got her far.

I guess to grow as a person, you really have to step out of your comfort zone. Push yourself as far as you can go. I've always thought that my discontentment with myself was a bad thing, and on some levels it is. But it is a good thing too. I'm talking about never being completely satisifed with what I've accomplished. I always want to do more. I always think there's room for improvement, although I don't always put this into action. But I do want to be the very best person that I can be - in all perspectives (academic wise and in all my relationships). But having discontentment means that there will always be growth. I'm starting to understand that growth goes hand in hand with time. I'm not going to become the person that I want to be in a period of a week, or even a year. It might take my whole life, but I think I'm cool witht that. The journey is more important than the destination, isn't it?

To be all that I can be, one thing I need to do is let go of insecurities. They are the only things holding me back. My lack of confidence in myself, and my constant comparisons of myself to other people. I'm ready to let go of these insecurities right now. I'm writing up all these standards for myself because I don't want to live up to anyone else's but my own.

I love art. Creativity is absolutely limitless. Art can be anything, anything that you want to express. It can be music, painting, graphics, fashion, buildings, film or literature. People are God's works of art. Art will always drive and inspire me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"people are God's work of art"

that's deep stephers, sarcasam aside 8B

Anonymous said...

wish i was artistic 8(