While the world is sound asleep and dreaming...
I am here. Thinking. Thinking. Researching. About what else? I am quite sure that I have ranted and talked to everyone there is to talk to about what I want to do for the rest of my life. Except maybe my guidance counsellor. So I have resorted to blogging late in the night. I am the most undecided person EVER. Why can't I be normal and be like, "Oh, I want to be a nurse," and just stick with that. Since grade 10, my career choices have ranged from teacher, anthropologist, architect, mechanical engineer, dermatologist, graphic designer, business-person?, army (LOL), health information management, urban planner, and I'm sure that there are more, but I can't think of them right now. So what is the outcome of all this? drumroll please.... still undecided. I'm leaning towards graphic design, it has a competitive nature, but that doesn't scare me in the least bit anymore. I love design. It intrigues me. I see it in absolutely everything I look at. I criticize it. I want to work for a company like this: http://hugeinc.com As the saying goes, you always crawl before you walk. It'll take a while to get anywhere big, but it might as well be something you like.
I know everyone's tired of hearing me go on about this, so that will be my last time ranting about this. To anyone except my guidance counsellor. I promise !!! On a positive note, this past week has been good. I haven't had work all week, so I took the opportunity to relax, get some reading done and chill with friends. I chilled with the regular kiddos, first at Kev's house, then Long&McQuade and eventually Square One. I watched the Time Traveller's Wife with Pam on Thursday. Jabe's on Friday. Today, I had work - a horrible four hours of recovery cleaning after yesterday's "Moonlight Madness" event. *cringe* It does go by fast though when there's so much work to do, and people you like to talk to. I honestly love the people I work with so much, and appreciate their advice and good company.
Highlight of the day: My cousin and his gf are leaving for the Philippines on Friday. So my aunt invited us over for a little get-together. When driving home from this, we stopped at the street lights beside Chey's house, and I saw Ana and Chey on the porch. I jokingly said, "Can I jump out here?" and I was absolutely kidding thinking that they wouldn't let me go. My dad says, "Not here," then he turns and parks on the curb so I can get out of the car. With a "have fun!" my parents are out of sight, with no concern of how late it is, and how I will get home. This might puzzle some, since my parents are sometimes strict. But you see, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I am not breaking their one golden rule: "NO BOYS!" So, I am free! I enjoyed a lengthy catch-up convo with my two loves about the Moxie's dinner that I unfortunately missed. Eventually, tomes had to go home, and so we went inside. Why do I always end up at Chey's house? I don't know, I just do. It is my second home, possibly my first home during the school year. Enjoyed good conversation with both Chey's sisters, as well as entertaining display of hyperness from cutie pie Emilio. Cheryl, I really think you should be a train conductor. lol.
At the moment, I've been reading "The Reader" by Bernhard Sclink, and "Bridget Jones' Diary" by Helen Fieldings. The Reader is a good book, but I'm kind of breezing through it. Bridget Jones' Diary has got to be the funniest book I've ever read. I realize that I have a tendency to listen to a song over and over again if I like it, but then again, who doesn't? I've listened to "Middle of Nowhere," by Hot Hot Heat (lulz), and "Pretty Woman," by Elvis Presley countless times. I also really, really love the song "Yes" by Colplay.
There's about a week and a bit before school starts. Grade 12 already! I'll be ready for ya as soon as I know what I want. I don't like being aimless.
peace,
sb
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment