
I discovered afterwards that he was performing at Lollapolooza when I was in Chicago. As mentioned in my previous blog, I will talk about my trip to Chicago. It was a bus tour first of all, and I went with my family - Mom, Dad, brother, my aunt and uncle, and my cousins and their parents and grandma. Of course, being the filipinos that we are, we made the most noise on the bus. We first stopped at Frankenmuth in Michigan for lunch, which I found boring because I had already been there. We walked around and I tried some funky icecream. Our next stop was an outlet mall. I walked around with my cousin AJ and my brother Jo. I didn't end up spending a dime, but I did mooch off my brother's chili cheese fries and lemonade frosty in A&W. The second day was actually the only day we stopped in Chicago. We first stopped so that we could see the city's skyline (unfortunately only in daytime) and then the bus went around until we reached the Magnificent Mile. The buildings are so beautiful there. I didn't get to go on the boat cruise due to my family's objections, but I still got to see the inside of the John Hancock Centre. I really wish I spent more time in the city. The next day we were already heading home. But we stopped at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit. It was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. They have vehicles, air planes and objects from all different time periods. I was amazed when I saw JFK's limousine and sat in Rosa Parks' bus. I love history and I loved everything about that museum. Overall, great trip - I will post pics with this entry when I get the chance!
No comments:
Post a Comment