Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the future is friendly

a listen to "The first day of my life" by Bright Eyes, Starbucks at 7 in the morning with a good friend and one hour of exploring my possibilities for the future all added up to a wonderful day. Me and Chey went to the University Fair in Toronto and it was pretty sick. We both fell in love with Carleton University. They have a good architecture program, which I'm hoping to get into. Ottawa's not a bad place to live either, lots of memories made from the music trip last year. anywho, we just spent an hour at the fair, and took the subway to Eatons. We were both dead tired and not in the mood for shopping - I think it was the gloomy weather.

This march break, I will not be doing my usual staying home and going to Tim Hortons. I will be going on our school's trip to Greece. YES, GREECE. My first major trip to somewhere other than the states. I can't wait! I now have a motive to save money.

I haven't been getting much homework this semester. So this has lead to a lot of free time. I'm mostly busy with extracurriculars, work and Chey's house lol. I spend a lot of time chilling with people, especially asians. Yesterday, we all went to Josh's house (again) and played Brawl and had a major jam session. Kev and Josh played guitar, and the rest of us sang along to everything from Ill Scarlett to Journey to Miley Cyrus. Don't ask. It was fun. Also, I've been reading books I rented from the Central library. I read them in no particular order, I actually start a book and start reading another one, and continue when I feel like it. Right now, I'm reading The Isms of Architecture, The Rise and Fall of Great American Cities, and The Chrysalids. Hopefully I actually finish them.

That's all that's happening in my life right now. I've got many things sorted out these past couple of days, and I'm happy sort of. But there's still stuff I have to change. There always is.

- SB

So if you want to be with me. With these things there's no telling, we'll just have to wait and see, The First Day of my Life (Bright Eyes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6am wake up call ends with falling asleep on the GO bus back ..
Telus, the future is friendly.

good trip love (L)