Saturday, October 18, 2008

a conclusion

How do you get from one point to another?
From being one call away to completely unreachable
From being just like sisters to strangers
I think about what we have gone through
and where we are now,
and I feel confused.
I thought this friendship would last
You were always there when I needed you to be,
my best friend.
But our friendship was engulfed by waves of drama,
too many unspoken words and meaningless smiles
I never really told you how I felt.
Sometimes it's too late to save these kind of things
I often thought about how I could rebuild it,
but I don't know where to start
and we are different people now.
I realize that you are like modeling clay
with no real shape of your own,
simply conforming to what people want you to be
So I should've known that you would not stay the same.
I'm sorry for hurting you,
but I don't want to feel bad anymore
You never understood some things,
and you seldom meant your sorrys.
Please think of me in the same way I think of you..
a happy memory, a person I will not forget
an essential part of my past, my growing up
with no visible place in my present.

- SB

No comments: