Monday, February 16, 2009

busy weekend # 59580965

This weekend wasn't bad. I went to BLD on Friday, which was fun because I met a few new people. I went to work on Saturday, and I was two hours late because I thought that my shift started at 3. Oh well. I was considering quitting, but my mom convinced me that I could still keep everything balanced for now. On Sunday, I went to my first driving school session, just the in-class part. I can't say that it was exciting, we just watch videos and the instructor talks and then we take a test after. I was actually falling asleep at one point because I had to wake up so early. My driving school is located a few minutes away from the apartment that we used to live in. It's not the worst area of course, but I can't say that it feels safe. When I was there, I started to think about how life would be different if we didn't move away from there. I would probably be a different person entirely. For the first time, I thought about what my parents have gone through just to get us to where we are now, and to have us live in a safe environment. Otherwise, I would have been a gangster/baller, instead of the nerdy, aspiring architect that I am now.

Later that evening, I went to the CPO Valentine's dance. I got to see a lot of my old friends, which was really nice, since I've missed them a lot. I even miss dancing, but I know that if I was still in it, my life would be more stressful than it already is. Not many people were dancing, but it was still a good time nonetheless. I saw my cousin there too, and I was surprised because I didn't think she would come.

I had a good talk with my dad too, when he was driving me to the dance. We started talking about his dad. I was curious about my grandpa, whom I never had the chance to meet. My dad recounted a few memories of him. He also told me that he didn't really get to know him, since he was a busy man. But when my dad did spend time with his dad, he remembered every moment and every important thing ever told to him. My grandpa was a great man. He fought in the war, and he was a secretary for their town's government. He also sold insurance and provided for his whole family, which was my grandma and fourteen kids. My dad told me that he was smart person, and told me that that's where I got it from, lol. My dad was only 17 when his father died. I can't even imagine going through that. It made me realize that I shouldn't talk back to my parents so much, but actually listen to what they have to say. I'm lucky that I get to spend so much time with my dad, and have so many memories with him. I almost started crying when we were driving.

Then I woke up this morning. It was my favorite kind of day. The kind where I get to sleep in, and when I wake up, the sun's already out and shining. My mom was cooking downstairs, because my cousin and my aunt were coming over for lunch. I especially love it when family comes over just because my mom cooks three times more food than she usually does. At around 4ish, I left to go to the movies with Ana to see the long-awaited Confessions of a Shopaholic. Ana is one of the few people that I would want to see this movie with, we connect with this stuff. Y'know, shopping. I immediately started laughing when she picked me up because we were both wearing our patent black jackets, and I was wearing my Ray Bans. And I know she had hers too. So she showed me her new shades and I got excited because even the case was cool. Then we both put our sunglasses on, and I looked at her and started laughing. We looked pretty badass, but it was weird because we looked badass together and we didn't plan it. Anyways, the movie theater was packed, and we saw Julia working. The movie itself was pretty funny. I haven't gone to the movies since me and Chey watched Revolutionary Road, when we were supposed to be doing our Religion CPT.

I always do a really long post once in a while. I don't expect many people to read them though. I hope you had a good weekend.

Your friend,
antimony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Antimony was known in biblical times when its Stibnite ore, Sb2S3, was used as a cosmetic for blackening the eyebrows.

hahahahaha direct quote from some website