Tuesday, February 17, 2009

i don't want your money, honey.

Stress
That word seems to dominate my every moment now.
I'm beginning to wonder if I have my priorities straight.

This is what is truly important to me: God, family, friends and school.
So why do I waste away so many hours at work?
For money?
As tme has passed on, I've realized a thing or too about money. It can satisfy you temporarily, but will never give you true happiness. It can make people do crazy things, break families apart, and create feelings of greed and envy. Sure, some of it leads to a good cause once in a while, but I think it creates more damage than needed.

I'm tired and confused after coming home from work. I ask myself, do I really need this job, and this money so much? I'll probably just spend it on more items that will supposedly make me happy. This job is taking too much time... time that I could be spending on studying or homework, spending time with family, and chillages with my closest.

I put the most time out of my week for my job. Something that doesn't matter to me all that much, although it has helped. It was just supposed to be a side thing, but now it seems to dominate my time, and it takes away from all the carefree teenage life.

I guess I should make a decision soon, and get my priorities straight.

-sb

No comments: