Saturday, August 1, 2009

Great Expectations

I had a somewhat awesome, unexpected day. It started off with driving my car for the first time ever. It was a glorious, long-awaited moment indeed. But to my disappoint, it appears that my driving skills need some definite work, since I haven't practiced in over 2 weeks. And my G2 is in less than a week. YES, that means practice during every free moment for the next 6 days. Oh yeah, I named it Kirby. Not for any particular reason, I just thought it would suit it although it is not pink or chubby in any way. My car is rough around the edges, but I really love it. I'm really grateful to my parents for fixing it - I guess the waiting paid off.

My mom, brother and I went to McCarthy's to get my brother's uniform. It wasn't crowded at all thankfully. My brother has a neverending appetite, so my mom bought us Harvey's. After that, we looked around at Homesense/Winners and went home. I was bored, waiting for my dad to come home so I could practice driving, so I picked up my hold at the library, the book Fight Club. I always like to read the book before I watch the movie, I think many would agree that it's often better. I haven't started reading it yet, I'm still reading this other book. It's called Lullabies for Little Criminals, which has somewhat shocked me and disgusted me, and maybe caused me to hesitate about moving to Montreal, just for a moment. But I guess it's kinda interesting, not all too spectacular though. After resting a bit, my mom let me drive to Heartland, where we just looked around. We ended up going to my old neighbourhood, which is close to Heartland. It's changed alot there. It's hard to believe that the houses are 11 years old, it doesn't even seem that long ago. The trees are much larger, the houses look more worn, but it still makes me smile to myself everytime we drive by there. When we got home, and my dad finally got home, we decided to head to the Oakville Lakeshore area. It was nice. First, we bought some drumsticks and chicken (that ended up being overcooked and dry) from Sobey's and listened to some free outdoor bands. We walked over by the lakeside, and the weather was absolutely perfect. One of the first times this summer that I actually felt like it was summer. After that, I treated my family to "homeburgers" at Lick's. They reminded me of crabby patties from spongebob, they were giant lol. Then we headed home, and that was the end of my free saturday :)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

fight club!

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome :)