You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
I'm my biggest critic.
I began my last year of high school only a few days ago. It's gotten off to a good start. Already, I'm kind of bursting with excitement and ideas for the months to come. We had our student council retreat today. I feel refreshed. We discussed ideas, played games and got to know each other more. I actually believe that our school has so much potential although so many people complain that it sucks. We have so many resources and talented people. COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY. I think thats what its all about.
My personal goal this year is to listen more, talk less.
I think I'll stick with that. I have a bad habit of cutting people off.
I used to focus so much on self-improvement. Since I was a kid really. But I realized that playing on weaknesses can bring you to almost hate yourself. I've never gone as far as to hate myself though. But looking only at the bad things will go nowhere. Everyone is flawed. But I've actually started to see the beauty in flaws and pain. Weaknesses, and overcoming obstacles in life can only reveal character. Instead, I'm going to be all that I can be. No holding back this year, or caring too much about what people think. I'm gonna make it mine.
I almost got caught up in something stupid. I was inches close. But there are more important things. It's all been put in perspective for me over the last few days.
- sb
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment