Saturday, September 13, 2008

Beauty

Tell me, what is beauty? Is it looking like a model straight out of a magazine, or wearing barely any clothes? Or is it caking on truckloads of makeup, or starving yourself so you're the "perfect" weight? Media has completed corrupted what beauty is. This past summer, I learned the true definition of this word. Beauty is being pure of heart - showing kindness in your thoughts and actions. Mother Mary was the most beautiful human being, she was free of original sin and this made her beautiful. I've been getting this true definition of beauty confused with society's. I refuse to live by someone else's standards now. I'm not going to try to look good for anyone else. My character is the only thing I'm going to bring into heaven, so I'm gonna work on that. I'd always compare myself to other people before. But I realized the reason so many things are ruined is because we pick at them. Things are fine the way they are, but we keep picking and picking at our imperfections until we are left completely unsatisfied. There are always going to be things we don't like about ourselves. But there's no reason to focus on insignificant things. I say self-hate should be illegal :)

No comments: